Back to mikefulbright.com
This section of my website is about my hobby of RC planes. I fly
electric planes and have been at it for about 2 years. I'm a member
of the SWAMPSRC flying club and my
planes range from about 14 inches to 55 inches in wingspan. I find
building the planes as much fun as flying, and so far I've probably built about 20 planes total.
- Hitec Eclipse 7 transmitter
- Hitec Optic 6 transmitter
- Castle Creations ESC
- Mostly Hacker outrunners and some Himaxx
- Berg and Hitec receivers
- DPR-50 inflight data recorder
- Great Planes Triton charger
- Hyperion EOS 5i charger
- Hyperion LBA6 LiPo balancers
- Mostly Hyperion and Apex Lipos
Some of the Planes I've Owned (Chronological)
- Great Planes Yard Stik - nice flying plane but cheap plastic
parts broke too easy.
- Mountain Models Dandy Sport/GT - fun little plane I lost on a
windy day. Going to build another one of these when time allows.
- Mountain Models Magpie - great trainer and also aerial photography plane. Very robust again crashing (except motor mount tends to break but its a 5 minute repair).
- Unicorn - nice flying wing, very strong (impossible to destroy I bet).
- Space Scooter - fun fast plane but was heavy due to my use of NiMH batteries. Crashed and repairs many times until it couldn't be salvaged any more.
- GWS Slow Stik - great slow flying plane. Pretty forgiving to mishaps. Recommended for beginners - its cheap and flies well on NiMH batteries and 60W of power.
- STC - built from plans on Internet. Great little trainer plane I love to fly.
- Radical RC Mini Stick - fun little plane that is a blast to fly with brushless/Lipo hopup. Use good color scheme cause it will get small fast!
- Carl Goldberg Chipmunk 400 - currently one of my favorites to fly. I have a Hacker A20-20L + Apex 3S-2100 battery and it is ballastic. First plane I've had which I felt I could do some real clean aerobatics with almost effortlessly. Only negative is it doesn't like landing on grass and cowl for engine is really expensive to replace.
- Extra 330 - built this from plans on the Internet. All 6 mm Depron and is my first attempt at 3D flying. After several horrific crashes its still flying due to the magic of hot glue!
- Northeast Sailplanes Samba - newest plane and largest. I'm running this with a Hacker A30-12L and two Apex 3s-2100 batteries in parallel. Flies slow or fast. Still learning about this one.
07/14/2006 - Initial posting of this section. Put up some photos of my planes.
All images and content are copyright Michael Fulbright unless otherwise noted.